Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Practice

One of the toughest things is practicing consistantly and deciding what to practice on. Are you being productive with your practice time or are you spinning your wheels playing the same thing over and over. There is no magic formula but I have been thinking alot lately on how I can be the most productive I can be given limited practice time. These are my current thoughts concerning practice and they may change in the future as I make new distinctions.
Most important is being consistant. It is like working out and to develop muscle memory and build strength or build anything you have to be consistant. Once in awhile will not help you near as much as consistant practice
play what you dont know instead of always playing what you know over and over.
Play to backtracks or your own comped chords and work on improv. It can take years to get good at improvisation and to develop your ear so start now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home